Hi, I’m Kristen Jacoway, a career strategist, coach, author, social media expert and Auburn Tigers football fan.
I help you zero in on and excel in your ideal job by getting clear on your individual strengths and how to use the person you are to do the work that matters.
Here are three very simple things that I hold to be true:
People Are Amazing – Each career journey is completely unique. As individuals we have distinctive talents and expertise. Every person has a gift, and gifts are meant to be shared.
Community Matters – When people treat each other with respect, work together and communicate with one another, great things can happen.
There’s a World Waiting for Us – The Internet and technology have made the world a smaller place. It’s time to reach out, engage openly and build authentic networks and relationships.
Since graduating from Auburn University with B.S. and M.S. degrees in Vocational Counseling, I’ve worked in a wide variety of HR-related capacities from job search counseling to coaching staff to achieve peak performance to working with local Alabama businesses to develop job leads. My one aim was to help people have a rewarding career.
But it became even more personal when my former husband’s job was off-shored, bringing an abrupt end to his 20-year manufacturing career. As he looked for a new job, I saw the job search process from the other side, and it became quickly evident that the employment market had changed completely. The previously tried-and-true techniques of resumes and cover letters were not enough. Social media had changed the game.
Always one to embrace new technologies –I come by it honestly, my dad was a NASA rocket scientist!– I learned everything I could about social media and social networks. I also studied with personal branding industry experts, like Reach’s William Arruda, earning numerous certifications.
In 2008, I launched Career Design Coach, a career coaching company that combines personal brand, traditional career marketing and social media strategies. I’m very proud to have helped senior executives, students and entrepreneurs here in my local community of Auburn as well as across Alabama to have happier, more productive professional lives.
Thanks to Skype, webinars and other tools, I work with clients across the U.S. empowering them to achieve their career goals. Scroll down to see a few of my credentials and achievements. Or, give me a call at (334) 610-0105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s see how we can work together.
• Certified Personal Brand Strategist
• Certified Career Coach
• Certified Rehabilitation Counselor
• Certified Professional Résumé Writer
• Certified Employment Interview Professional
• Certified Online Identity Specialist
• Author of “I’m in a Job Search–Now What???”
• Named in Career Rocketeer’s 150+ Job Search Experts
• Listed as 100+ Personal Branding Experts to Follow on Twitter
• My blog was selected as one of the Top Job Hunting Blogs
• Featured in Cover Letters for Dummies 3rd Edition, by Joyce Lain Kennedy (Wiley Publishing, January 2009)
• Featured in ‘Personal Branding for Dummies’ by Susan Chritton (Wiley Publishing, June 2012)
• Assistant Editor for Younique (a global Personal Branding newsletter reaching 50,000+ subscribers)